- One Straw Wreath (mine is a 16 inch wreath)
- One package of floral pins (Michaels or Hobby Lobby have them in stock)
- A Scarecrow head (I found mine at Hobby Lobby, but Michaels has them too)
- One 4 ounce package of dried corn husks (found in grocery stores, ethnic foods)
- A small fake pumpkin, cheap gardening gloves, fake leaves, fake crow, and excelsior or dried moss (Dollar store purchases)
1.) First, separate the husks, then soak them in a pot or tub of warm water to make them pliable.
2.)Next, take old newspaper and lightly stuff the garden gloves. You can use worn out gloves instead of new, if you like. Recycle!!!
|Pin Fan to Wreath|
|Adding fans and continue pinning|
|Check positioning for starting and finishing ruffles|
|Layers of Ruffles|
|Arm Ruffles, leaving spaces for head and gloves|
|Top of "sleeves" - puff husks to hide the pins!|
|Adding Pumpkin, Crow, Leaves, and other decorations|
|Finished Scarecrow Wreath|
Now the wreath is ready to be hung on your door using a wreath holder - and doesn't he look dapper?
Happy Fall, Y'all!